网站首页 | 关于我们 | 英语论坛 | 广告合作
热搜: 英语作文  英语话剧  影视
当前位置: 首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文 >

晨读英语美文:一颗勇敢的心

2020-09-12 11:28[英语美文] 来源:www.engbus.cn 浏览: 次 评论:0条

  As the train picked up its speed, the passengers slowly settled down on their seats.

  火车开始缓缓加速,乘客们挨个儿在座位上坐定。

  I reserved the lower berth , so that I could enjoy the beauty of out side from the moving train.

  我预购了下铺的车票,如此一来,火车向前行驶的时候,我就可以欣赏窗外的风景了。

  I don't know why I always preferred to get the window seat.

  我也不知道自己为什么总是偏爱靠窗的位子。

  An elderly lady occupied the front seat of mine.

  一位老太太在我前面的位置坐下。

  I looked at her.

  我看了看她。

  She must be in her eighties, I guessed.

  这大概是一位耄耋之年的老人,我猜测。

  At one point, we met our eyes.

  偶然的,我们四目相接。

  She smiled at me. With courtesy , I gave her response.

  她对我报以微笑,我也彬彬有礼的表示回礼。

  Both of us were silent.

  我们俩都没说话。

  By that time, the train was in its full speed.

  这时,火车正全速前进。

  It was 4:50 pm, evening time.

  那时的时间是下午4点50分。

  So, bed time was still in a long way.

  离睡觉的时间还早着呢。

  I couldn't resist myself any longer and asked, 'Auntie! Where are you going?'

  我实在忍不住寂寞,就问道,“阿姨,您这是到哪儿去呀?”

  She looked at me and friendly said, 'Army camp, dear.'

  她看看我,友好的说:"我到军营里去,亲爱的。”

  Suddenly my enthusiasm doubled to know the reason. I politely said, 'Aunty, you are visiting someone?'

  我顿时兴致倍增,更想刨根问底了。我礼貌的问,“您去拜访什么人吗?”

  She smiled triumphantly and said, 'Yes!'

  她露出自豪的微笑,说到“没错。”

  Just to linger the conversation, I talked to her in a very jolly mood,

  我还不想住嘴,一副兴高采烈的样子对她说,

  'Auntie, you must be feeling so excited to see your child and your grand children.'

  “阿姨,能看到自己的孩子和孙子,您一定很高兴。“

  Perhaps, this question hurt her a little but boldly she answered,

  听到我的问题,她似乎有些被戳到痛处,但她还是宽容的答道,

  'Oh, dear! You are so sweet!

  “哦,亲爱的,你太好了。

  Anyways, I had only one son who joined in army

  不过,我只有一个儿子参军

  and was killed by the terrorist attack just few days before.

  就在几天前,他在一场恐怖袭击中去世了。

  I bought so many new clothes with the winter garments for him.

  我还给他买了这么多衣服,准备过冬穿呢。

  So, I thought why not I would spare my son's clothes to some other soldiers,

  所以,我就想,为什么不把给儿子的衣服送给其他的士兵呢

  so that I would restraint my sorrow and would be happy thinking that my own son has worn it.

  这样一来,我的悲伤或许会减轻一些,看到他们穿着这些衣服,就像我自己的儿子穿着一样,我一定会很高兴。

  He was a bachelor, so I don't have any grand child.'

  他还是个单身汉,所以我还没有孙子呢。”

  I was stunned hearing her heart breaking story!

  她的故事简直让人心碎,我目瞪口呆!

  But I saluted the old lady from the core of my heart.

  可是,我又从心底生出对这位老妇人的敬意。

  I was thinking of her brave heart!

  我想,她的心多么坚强呀!


【看这里~】

如果大家有兴趣的话,请关注【 英语巴士网-英语美文 】栏目,英语巴士网整合了您可能感兴趣的相关英语学习资料,可以多看一下哦(^_^)

英语巴士公众号

欢迎扫描二维码关注英语巴士公众号!

(编辑:bruce)

网友评论

网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不代表英语巴士网立场。

热门标签