网站首页 | 关于我们 | 广告合作
热搜: 英语作文  英语话剧  影视
当前位置: 首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文 >

双语美文:生命是一场荣耀的冒险

2020-11-01 10:10[英语美文] 来源:互联网 评论:0条

  I was ten years old

  那时我十岁

  riding my bicycle

  骑着自己的自行车

  at break-neck speed

  速度足以让我摔断脖子

  down a hill near my home.

  从家附近的山坡上向下俯冲

  This was long before bike helmets were used

  自行车头盔是很久之后才发明的

  Only a month before

  就在一个月之前

  I had hit a rock in the road,

  我撞到马路上的一块石头

  flown over my handlebars

  从车把手前面飞了出去

  and smashed open my skull .

  脑瓜开了瓢

  I had walked home bleeding,

  我浑身是血,走回了家

  terrified my Mom,

  吓坏了我的母亲

  and gotten a trip to the hospital

  去了一趟医院

  to have my skull stitched shut again.

  才把我的脑壳缝合好了

  The memory of a boy is brief, however,

  可是,小男孩都是好了伤疤忘了疼

  so here I was back on my bike,

  所以此刻我又在自己的自行车上了

  flying fearlessly down a hill again.

  义无反顾,飞也似地从山坡上往下冲

  I was picking up speed

  我一路加速

  as I neared a curve in the road.

  很快冲到马路上的一个拐弯处

  I started to hit my brakes when I saw it:

  直到我看到一样东西,才开始猛踩刹车

  a pothole in the road.

  马路上有一个大坑!

  Not wanting to go flying over my handlebars again

  我可不想第二次从车把手前面飞出去

  I twisted my wheel

  我调转车头

  and stomped on my foot brakes

  踩住脚下的刹车

  as hard as I could.

  用尽全力

  I could hear the tires skidding

  我听到轮胎摩擦地面的声音

  as I flew off the bike.

  接着就从车上飞了起来

  Thankfully,

  幸好

  this time I landed on my back

  这次我是背部着地

  and in the soft grass

  底下是柔软的草地

  of the field along the side of the road.

  原来是路边的一块草坪

  I got up and laughed.

  我站起来,大笑起来

  I was happy to be alive

  我为自己还活着感到高兴

  and ready for one more ride

  准备好了再骑一次

  before heading home.

  然后再回家

  These days

  如今

  I am fifty one years old

  我已经五十一岁了

  and my bike riding days are far behind me.

  骑着自行车撒野的岁月早已离我而去

  I try not to stress my guardian too much these days either.

  不过,我仍不敢让自己的看护人过于心力憔悴

  I am sure

  我很确信

  I made him work hard enough when I was a boy.

  当自己年少的时候,我已经给他添了够多的麻烦了

  These days

  如今

  my adventures involve

  我的冒险举动包括

  hugging my boys

  拥抱我的两个儿子

  and petting my dogs.

  轻拍我的狗

  Still,

  仍然

  each day

  每天

  when I wake up in the morning

  当我早上起床的时候

  I am happy to be alive.

  我为自己活着感到高兴

  Each day when I open my eyes

  每天我睁开眼睛的时候

  I am ready

  我都准备好了

  for one more ride through this life

  在这趟生命之旅中再骑一次

  before heading home.

  在我回“家”之前

  I am not sure

  我不知道

  how many days, months, or years I have left

  自己还剩下多少天,多少个月,抑或多少年

  but I am determined

  但我决心

  to live them all in laughter, love and joy.

  要用欢笑,爱和喜悦度过每一天

  Life is a glorious adventure .

  生命是一次荣耀的冒险

  Its most exciting parts, though ,

  不过,这旅行中最精彩的时刻

  aren’t when you risk your neck.

  却不是你差点摔断脖子的时候

  They are when you share your heart.

  而是你将自己的心意分享出去的时候

  May you give your love freely,

  愿你能自由的播撒自己的爱

  to yourself,

  愿你爱自己

  and to everyone else.

  也爱所有其他的人

  May you make your ride through this life

  希望你能让自己在这一世的旅行

  a joyous one for everyone you can.

  让尽可能多的人感到快乐


【看这里~】

如果大家有兴趣的话,请关注【 英语巴士网-英语美文 】栏目,英语巴士网整合了您可能感兴趣的相关英语学习资料,可以多看一下哦(^_^)

英语巴士公众号

欢迎扫描二维码关注英语巴士公众号!

(编辑:bruce)

网友评论

网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不代表英语巴士网立场。

热门标签